Thursday, March 4, 2010

The Delta Airlines online booking scam

When I went to Delta to book my flight I spent about 15 minutes selecting the right flight at the right price. After I entered my credit card info and went to purchase the flight they said it was no longer available at that price.

WHAT FREE MARKET BS IS THIS? IN WHAT COMPETITIVE MARKETPLACE DOES A SELLER GET TO RAISE THE PRICE BASED ON 'YOUR' DEMAND IN THAT VERY MOMENT? It sounds like something a drug dealer would do- oh so you need this crack, okay it's gonna cost you 50 bucks! Oh, so you're wiling to pay 50 bucks and you really want it? Now the price is $60 bitch. You still want it!? You must be willing to pay more. Usually a price point is defined going in the other direction.

I guess this is what the economists at Delta must have been thinking when they bought Northwest- We'll take price elasticity to a whole new level.

So go piss up a rope Delta, can I have my free upgrade please?

Herbey

No comments:

Post a Comment